The Benefits Of Yoga Practice For Women
It's not just the intricate poses and the almost gravity-defying asanas that make yoga so awe-inspiring! But, in addition to the bizarre body twists and movements which help you attain a fantastic body, Yoga can truly change your life! The objective of yoga is to build strength, promote awareness and bring harmony in your body, mind and the soul. Maintaining a regular yoga practice provides profound and endless benefits. The advantages of yoga for women are countless and practicing yoga regularly can yield remarkable benefits! Here are the top reasons for women to integrate yoga into your routine.
Yoga plays a pivotal role in the effective management of PMS. In particular, the health benefits of yoga are aplenty for the physical, emotional, and behavioral symptoms that are related to the premenstrual syndrome. It can help reduce the intensity, duration and frequency of menstrual cramps, making your period less painful. Yoga also calms you down and soothes frayed PMS nerves which are associated with an erratic hormone profile. The asanas that target the belly and the reproductive organs can help you have a less troublesome period.
Have a healthy pregnancy with Yoga. Incorporating the fluid and flowing movements of Yoga into your daily routine provides you with gentle exercise that’s beneficial to you as well as the developing baby. Research has proven that embracing the advantages of yoga by practicing prenatal yoga can help during pregnancy and labor. Studies have demonstrated that the health benefits of yoga can positively impact your overall health and birth outcome. However, you must consult your OB/GYN before you embark on a yoga routine, since Yoga may be contra-indicated in certain specific cases.
Yoga is the best solution to tackle menopausal symptoms. It can help you manage peri-menopausal and postmenopausal symptoms including hot flashes, mood swings, heart diseases and weight gain. As observed by clinical studies, drastic reduction was seen in symptoms following 8 to 10 weeks of practice.
Along with your reproductive health, Yoga can also help you stay healthy and fit in the following ways:
1. Yoga promises to lessen chronic, long-term pains, such as, lower back pain, headache and arthritis which are fairly common among women of different age groups.
2. Increased muscle strength and muscle tone. Constant and regular practice increases flexibility and endurance, enhances athletic performance and protects you from injury.
3. Yoga strengthens the heart and keeps it functioning optimally. It can help bring down blood pressure levels and boosts circulatory health.
4. Yoga can help battles insomnia! In less than 6 weeks of daily practice, you can see the health benefits of yoga such as better sleep cycles and sound sleep.
5. Your immunity and metabolism enjoy a tremendous boost! Regular and dedicated practice of yoga can help perk up the working of your immune mechanism and metabolism appreciably.
Transform your mind with Yoga!
If you’ve ever settled into the baby pose during a Yoga session, you will know that yoga practice can be very soothing! One of the chief health benefits of yoga is how it helps cope effectively with stress. Stress manifests in a host of ways – irritability, anger, depression, insomnia, aches and pains, headaches, an inability to concentrate, diabetes, etc. Yoga helps you to develop coping skills and helps you achieve a positive and healthy perspective about life.
• It substantially improves your mental well-being, helps you unwind, and de-clutters the brain, making your mind a dwelling of calmness, creativity and resourcefulness.
• Yoga help gain immense tranquility and mental clarity, troubleshoots chronic stress patterns, which help improve overall mental health
• Furthermore, Yoga sharpens your concentration. 20 minutes of daily yoga practice enhances the brain's capacity to accurately and rapidly process information.
• Studies have shown that of the many advantages of Yoga, one such advantage is that it may help delay the cognitive impairment that is linked to Alzheimer’s; and it greatly boosts your memory and attention span.
Transcend with Yoga! Spiritual Benefits
Your aura is a subtle electromagnetic field of energy enveloping your body. One who is happy and calm radiates a positive aura; while one who is agitated and distressed gives off depressing vibes. A regular and sustained practice of yoga calms your mind, clears the energy chakras and strengthens your aura, letting you shine and sparkle with positivity! We pull towards us what we give, so, it is vital that we break free from the negative and destructive thought patterns. Yoga can help you replace harmful traits with positive, happy thoughts, guaranteeing body-mind-soul harmony. Yoga is an all-embracing, comprehensive practice that refreshes the body, mind and soul. Along with a healthy diet and the right lifestyle, it can help us become the best version of ourselves.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.