Tata Sampann Recipes: Tandoori Gobhi Recipe
Apart from its versatility and deliciousness, Cauliflower, popularly known as Gobhi, brings multiple health benefits to the table. It is very low in calories yet high in vitamins. In fact, cauliflower contains some of almost every vitamin and mineral that you need. It is rich in multiple nutrients like Vitamin K, C, B6, potassium, Folate; known to boost heart health. Not just that - it is high in fibre, a great source of antioxidants, high in choline that supports metabolism, and much more. It is said to aid in weight loss owing to its high fibre and water content.
Tandoori Gobhi is an excellent way to serve this nutritious vegetable in a scrumptious form of an appetizer or snack. Another key ingredient in this dish is kasuri methi which adds a unique flavour and aroma. Tata Sampann Kasuri Methi is sourced from Nagaur, which is considered to be home for good quality Kasuri Methi. These are hand-picked and contain fewer stems and twigs, ensuring you get only the best for your culinary needs.
Let’s give this lip-smacking Tandoori Gobhi recipe from Bharatz Kitchen a try -
- 1 Ltr Water
- Tbsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Vinegar
- 600 – 700 gms Gobhi
- 2-3 Tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2 Tbsp Besan
- 2 Tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 400 gms Curd
- 1 Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Tata Sampann Dhania Powder
- 1 Tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Tata Sampann Jeera Powder
- 1 Tsp Tata Sampann Chaat Masala
- 1 Tsp Tata Sampann Kasuri Methi
- Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Boiled Potato
1. Pour water to a vessel and add salt and vinegar to it. Let it boil.
2. Add the Gobhi florets to the boiling water. Make sure the gobhi florets are large in size. Cook the florets for 5 minutes, until it gets translucent.
3. Strain the water and run the cooked gobhi florets under cold water. Set aside to dry.
4. For the tandoori margination, add 2-3 tbsp mustard oil to a pan, on high flame. After a few minutes, turn off heat, and add besan to the mustard oil and roast it.
5. Add red chilli powder to the besan. Mix this well and immediately transfer the mixture to a big bowl.
6. Add 400 gms curd to this mix and whisk it. Now, add the lemon juice, dhania powder, garam masala, jeera powder, chaat masala and Kashmiri red chilli powder. Mix this well.
7. Roast Tata Sampann Kasuri Methi and add it to the mix. Lastly, add salt and ginger-garlic paste. Whisk the whole batter.
8. First marinate pieces of the boiled potato and then the gobhi florets. Set aside.
9. Use this tip to give the marinated gobhi the smoky tandoori flavour
• Place a piece of aluminium foil container inside the marinade mix.
• Add a piece of hot charcoal inside the foil, pour a spoonful of ghee over it and cover the bowl.
• Allow the smoky flavour to settle on the mix for 30 mins to an hour.
10. Cook the tandoori gobhi florets in one of these ways -
a. You can use a grill pan, apply butter and make sure the pan is extremely hot. Add the florets to the pan and cook each side for 2-3 minutes, till the sides being to brown like a tikka.
b. If not a grill pan, you could also roast/tandoor the florets on the gas flame directly.
c. You can use the Tandoor Seekhs (skewers) to attach the florets and potatoes together and grill it on high flame.
11. Once the gobhi is cooked, apply butter over the tandoors and recook it for a few minutes.
12. Garnish them with chaat masala and a dash of lime juice for enhanced flavour.
13. Serve it with onions and lime on the side.
Tried this delicious Tandoori Gobhi recipe? Share your feedback and comments with us.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.