Tata Sampann Recipes - Restaurant Style Fish Pakora
Pakoras are one of the most favourite snacks in India. Each household has its own favourite recipe and possibly a twist on this classic food item! These crispy fritters can be made using many different key ingredients, some popular favourites include onions, potatoes, paneer, tomato, chilli pepper, spinach etc., the list can go on and on. Along with these vegetarian options, chicken, egg, and fish pakoras are also popular options.
In this video, blogger Someshukla shares her authentic Bengali recipe of fish pakoras. Take a look at a simple recipe and follow her easy steps to make this popular starter at home. While you shop to make fish pakoras at home, pick up flavorful Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder to add some zing to your dish!
- 200 Gm Boneless Fish Fillet Cut into pieces (Bhetki/Barramundi/ Catfish/Tilapia Etc)
- ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 2 Tbsp Corn Flour
- 1 Small Sized Onion
- 6 - 7 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 Inch Ginger
- 2 - 3 Green Chilies
- ½ Tsp Black Pepper Powder
- ¼ Tsp Tata Sampann Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Egg
- Coriander Leaves – A Handful
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Frying
- Grind garlic, ginger, green chilies, onions, and coriander together. Do not add water to ensure that this paste is coarse.
- Cut the fish into a two-inch square pieces.
- Add these pieces into a bowl. Squeeze the lemon, add the salt and black pepper powder.
- Add the paste to this. Mix this well.
- Break the egg into the bowl.
- Add the maida, corn flour, and red chilli powder. Mix this well. Do not add water.
- Let this rest for one hour in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Gently slide the pieces of fish coated in the batter.
- Fry the fish on a slow flame till it is golden brown.
- Serve this hot with salad and green chutney.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.