Tata Sampann Recipes - Rajnandini Pulao
This restaurant-style Rajnandini Pulao has been a favourite amongst the foodies for a long time, and rightly so! This simple pulao is a perfect accompaniment to spicy Maacher Jhol or Alur Dom. A Bengali staple, this dish gets its subtle yet complex flavour from various whole spices and the garam masala which is used in its preparation. The authentic version of this dish uses Gobindo Bhog Rice as the base. This aromatic, buttery rice pairs well with spices to make an irresistible pulao.
This delicious pulao is also good for you! Gobindo Bhog rice is good for digestion. Vegetables used in the pulao add to the nutrition value of the overall dish. Cauliflower is a good source of vitamins and minerals, containing some of almost every vitamin and mineral that our body needs. It also contains high amounts of fibre which is important for digestive health. Cauliflower also provides a significant number of antioxidants.
A key ingredient in Rajnandini Pulao is the garam masala. Some of the ingredients in this masala are known to lower bad cholesterol levels and improve blood sugar levels. An authentic Garam Masala such as Tata Sampann Garam Masala is an amalgamation of various whole spices that have their natural oils retained, roasted at the ideal temperature and blended together in careful proportions. This exceptional spice blend added the most delicious aroma and taste to the Rajnandini Pulao.
Take a look at the authentic recipe shared by Someshukla on her channel, Simple and Sizzling Recipes.
- 2 cups Gobindo Bhog Rice
- 100 Grams Cauliflower Cut Into Small Florets and Green Peas
- Cashew Nuts as per preference
- Raisins as per preference
- ½ tsp Tata Sampann Garam Masala Powder
- 4 Cups Water (double the amount of rice)
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar as per taste
- Few strands of kesar (saffron) soaked in warm milk
- 2-3 tbsp Ghee
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 4 To 5 Green Cardamom
- 2 To 3 Cloves
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Small Piece of Mace and Nutmeg
- 3 To 4 Green Chilies
1. Wash the Gobindo Bhog Rice three to four times. Soak in water for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a large kadhai or pan, heat the ghee. Add all the spices mentioned for tempering. Mix this well.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and peas. Roast them in the ghee and spices.
4. Sprinkle some salt and cook for two minutes. Make sure that they aren’t completely cooked, just well roasted.
5. Add the raisins and cashews. Mix them.
6. Sprinkle Tata Sampann Garam Masala Powder. Sauté the vegetables well.
7. Add the water to this mixture. Adjust salt according to your taste.
8. Cover the pan with a lid and let the water come to a boil.
9. Add the soaked rice and kesar soaked in milk.
10. Put a tawa on medium flame. Place the pan on this tawa. Cover it with the lid.
11. Let the rice cook for ten minutes. Add sugar as per your preference and mix the rice gently.
12. Place some green chilies in the rice and cover the pan with a lid to infuse the aroma. Cook this for another 5 minutes.
13. Garnish with more cashews and raisins. Serve while it is warm.
The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s).The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.