Tata Sampann Recipes: Diwali Dawat – Besan & Cranberry Barfi
Diwali snacks and sweets are an indulgence like no other. The allure of this festival of lights is magnified by the unparalleled culinary traditions of each family. While each region in India has its signature dishes, a key ingredient used for Diwali cuisine throughout the country is besan or chickpea flour. Whether it is savory dishes such as sev or sweets such as barfi, many dishes incorporate besan and turn it into a something unique. Besan’s inherent nutty flavour along with its enticing aroma once roasted, gives it a distinctive quality.
This Diwali while you make the classics such as ladoos and halwa, use besan to make something new and exciting for your family and guests. Try this Diwali recipe by Sanjeev Kapoor, it uses Tata Sampann’s low absorb fine besan and dried cranberries to create a fusion barfi which will surely delight everyone.
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 ½ cup Tata Sampann Fine Besan
- ½ powdered sugar
- ½ cup khoya
- 1 tbsp rose water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- ¾ cup dried cranberry
- Silver vark and dried rose petals
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add Tata Sampann Fine Besan once the ghee has melted. Mix it well.
- Add the powdered sugar. Ensure that it is incorporated in the mixture properly
- Add the khoya and mix well.
- Add rose water and cardamom powder.
- Add the cranberries and mix them properly. Take it off the flame.
- Grease a barfi pan with ghee. Put the barfi mixture in this pan. Garnish it with silver vark and dried rose petals.
- Cut into pieces and serve after the barfi mixture has completely cooled down.
Have you tried adding a special twist to the traditional Diwali recipes? Share your recipe with us in the comments.
The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.