Kasuri Methi – Origin and Use
Fenugreek traces its origin to Europe and West Asia. Later it started getting extensively cultivated in India and Mediterranean countries as well. Gujarat, Rajasthan, UP, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra are home to this wonder crop. Kasuri Methi provides numerous health benefits and is a regular feature in vegetarian cuisine.
Kasuri Methi is mainly used in flavouring or seasoning dishes such as dals and vegetable gravies. It is a seasonal ingredient in many popular dishes all over India. It is found in pickles, salads, raitas and sometimes consumed in its green leafy form.
Due to its benefits for our skin, it is a common ingredient in soaps and other skin care products.
A good flavour of Kasuri Methi acts as a cover for bitter Ayurvedic medicines.
Due to its natural ability to curb fever and cold, Kasuri Methi is used in different parts of the country as an ingredient for herbal tea.
The Tata Sampann Advantage
We at Tata Sampann, bring to you the highest quality Kasuri Methi, sourced from Nagaur in Rajasthan. It has the correct amount of moisture, no twigs and is greener than other variants. The leaves are handpicked, sterilized and naturally dried.
In most masalas available in the market, the natural oils are extracted for other purposes, leaving you with nutrition and flavour deficient spices for consumption. But at Tata Sampann, we retain the original spice oils so that the masalas are power-packed with nutrition and their flavour remains intact.
Health Benefits of Kasuri Methi
- Regular consumption of Kasuri Methi helps keep cholesterol levels in check.
- It helps in relieving gastric, digestion and intestine related problems.
- Fenugreek leaves help in keeping the body’s blood lipids at the normal levels.
- It helps in controlling the metabolism of glucose and hence prevents type-2 diabetes.
- Reduces platelet formation which in turn prevents blood clotting in the heart.
- Helps fight against kidney problems as well as mouth ulcers and boils.
- Applying a paste out of fenugreek powder helps to get rid of skin blemishes.
- Including Kasuri Methi in the diet of a lactating mother helps to improve milk flow.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.