Right Salt For A Good Digestive System
A vital ingredient in virtually all our spice and herb blends, black salt adds a tangy zing to our food as well as amps up the health quotient! This wonderful salt proffers a host benefits – helps pep up digestion, deals with acidity and even promotes good hair growth.
Black salt – a must-have in the kitchen!
Kala namak has been used in Ayurveda for centuries now, thanks to its several significant health benefits. A black salt, its dark colour is due to the presence of iron, potassium, calcium along with other trace minerals. Adding black salt to your recipes can help ensure that your digestive system works optimally and keeps indigestion, flatulence, constipation and other GI tract disorders at bay.
5 outstanding benefits of kala namak for the digestive tract
The kala namak boasts of quite a few medicinal properties – it’s an antacid, anti-flatulent, digestive stimulant and demulcent and can enhance our overall health.
- Black salt is an excellent digestive: It balances the production of stomach acids and stimulates bile secretion to rev up digestion. It helps relieve most GI system-related ailments and disorders.
- Treats acidity: Black salt is alkaline and helps decrease excessive acid in the stomach. What’s more, its high mineral content helps allay the damage caused by acid reflux. It is a good natural remedy for chronic acidity and heartburn.
- Fights constipation: Black salt is a powerful laxative. In fact, black salt has been used since centuries! It boosts digestion, checks flatulence and gets rid of intestinal gas. Black salt stimulates regular bowel movement and prevents constipation. Experts recommend that you consume ¼ tsp of black salt with a glass of lukewarm water to successfully deal with heaviness, fullness and bloating in the abdomen, especially after a meal. An effective home remedy to manage constipation is – juice of one lemon juice, ¼ th teaspoon kala namak and grated ginger.
- Deals with spasms and cramps: Potassium present in black salt is essential for normal muscle functioning. When you consume black salt on a routine basis, it can help stave off muscular cramps. It prevents painful spasms and crampy pains, especially in the abdomen.
- Tackles bloating and facilitates weight loss: Black salt prevents water retention and bloating. Clinical trials have shown that it significantly helps those on a weight loss and low sodium diet.
Black salt can be used in pickles, chaats, salad dressings, and beverages. Use Tata Black Salt as it brings the natural goodness of black rock salt with amla and behara to your culinary dishes.
The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s). The views and opinions expressed in this content piece are those of the author(s) and not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. Assumptions made in the analysis are not reflective of the position of any entity other than the author(s).The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.