Packing A Picnic
Summer is here and brings with it long days, hot temperatures and the picnic season! It’s absolutely idyllic to gather your loved ones, enjoy fun-filled outdoor activities, and eat lots of yummy food! We’ve rounded up fabulous picnic recipes, so all you have to do is whip them up and enjoy the day with your family and friends!
These recipes are perfect for kids and adults, as well as the picky eaters; and most importantly, they take into account the scorching summer sun and its effects. These recipes keep you well hydrated, cool as a cucumber and punch in loads of flavour and nutrients as well. So, go ahead, plan your play dates, park runs, beach days and garden picnics!
5 delightful picnic recipes for the summer!
These recipes need hardly any prep time, almost nil cook time, and contain food that’s actually very good for you!
• Orange lemon rose sparkler: Staying well hydrated during the hot summer months is absolutely crucial. You need to rehydrate every hour to make up for the water and electrolytes lost. This becomes more critical when you are picnicking outdoors. This fabulous summer drink ensures that every single sip of it is absolutely refreshing. It's an ideal balance of citrusy and sweet flavors. Add a couple of fresh rose petals, some stevia, orange and lemon juice, and a few of orange segments. Toss in a few ice cubes along with soda and you have yourself the most spectacularly energizing drink ever!
• Tangy vegetable rolls: Kids and grownups will easily help themselves to this delicious lunch – a protein-filled veggie roll that will actually fill you up. A combination of hummus-mayo spread, cheese, fresh tomatoes, cucumber slices, and bell pepper rings – the perfect flavourful rolls for a picnic!
• Watermelon salad: Sweeten your summers with this inspirational dish. This unique salad will wow your taste buds! Combine chilled watermelon wedges, fresh mint, cherry tomatoes, lime juice, black pepper and black salt in a bowl. Rock salt is a very pure form of salt - unprocessed and without environmental pollutants and chemical agents. Also, it provides all the crucial minerals required by the body - potassium, calcium, iron, zinc, copper and magnesium. Tata Rock Salt is the perfect blend of appetizing taste and good health! Rich in vital minerals such as zinc, magnesium and potassium!
• Roasted Paneer cubes: : A scrumptious, protein-packed cottage cheese appetizer! Dip paneer cubes in a blend of chaat masala, red chilli powder, butter and dahi and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes. A quick bite-sized yummy snack to add a kick to your picnic!
• Sandwich cookies: These cookies are half store-bought, half homemade and completely mouth-watering. Blend cream cheese with lemon juice and sugar; sandwich the cream between 2 cookies. Simply divine! The cream cheese makes the sandwich luscious and lemon lends it a nice zing! A must-have quick dessert at any picnic!
Being outdoors is one of the best things about a picnic. However, steer clear of direct sun, avoid sunburns and go for the shade. A tree, an umbrella, a picnic shelter — anything will do. Keep sipping on chilled drinks. Take your picnic to the next level with fun food and drink ideas! Not only are these recipes packed with flavour, they’re perfect for the summer heat and are the best alternative to packaged picnic foods. They are sure to become a family favorite in no time!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.