How Good is Besan for the Skin?
Besan or chana dal atta is the flour made from grinding chickpeas or Bengal gram or Garbanzo beans, as they are known round the world. Native to Turkey, this legume is loaded with protein, unsaturated fatty acids like linoleic acid and oleic acid, riboflavin, folic acid, copper, zinc and iron.
There are some remarkable besan nutrition benefits for the skin, when consumed as well as when applied superficially to the skin.
Here’s a list of skin issues that you could tackle, most effectively and naturally, using gram flour:
• Fight Acne: Those having to grapple with an acne-ridden skin know what it is to have an ongoing battle to treat the nasty blemishes. Speaking of besan nutrition, it is chockfull of zinc, a trace mineral which successfully fights infections which trigger acne breakouts. It also helps control excess sebum production and soothes an inflamed skin. Chickpeas are an excellent source of molybdenum, another trace nutrient that helps detox the body. What’s more, the high-fibre content of the beans improves and stabilizes blood sugar levels; imbalanced blood sugar levels throw your hormones in a flux, causing acne eruptions. Bengal gram prevents that.
• Exfoliation:Exfoliation ought to be an integral part of your skin care regimen; given that if you don’t scour the dead skin cells and grime, they tend to build up and make the skin look exceedingly dull and unhealthy. Another ramification of not exfoliating regularly is clogging of pores, which eventually sets off acne. Green gram scrubs your skin well, sluices out all the dead skin, dirt and debris, gets rid of unwanted sebum and oil, and imparts a delightful glow to your skin.
• Reduces Oiliness: Gram flour is a fantastic absorbent. It absorbs all the extra oil and sebum and deep cleanses your skin. Oily skin can wreak havoc, making your skin look greasy and unclean; as well as triggering and aggravating acne. When you talk about besan nutrition, you ought to mention its powerful alkalising properties which help keep the pH levels of the skin balanced.
• Getting Rid of Fine Facial Hair: Gram flour is an excellent remedy to eliminate thin hair on the face, without resorting to waxing, epilating or hair removal creams. Steam your face first, so that the pores open up and it’s a lot easier to get rid of the hair from the roots.
Besan Skin Masques for Instant Gorgeousness!
Give your skin some TLC, without having to leave the environs of your kitchen! Organic masques are luxurious at-home spa treats, which give your skin a tremendous boost of radiance.
• Besan Aloe Flawless Masque: Comprising of gram flour, grated aloe and a dash of Tea Tree oil, this blend is wonderfully soothing, hydrating, healing as well as anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory. It works fabulously for an acne-prone skin.
• Besan Honey Nourishing Masque: A nourishing and wholesome face masque, this one consists of gram flour, generous amounts of honey and Jojoba oil. It promises your skin oodles of radiance and lustre.
• Besan Papaya Lightening Masque: Astonishingly effective, this blend of ingredients guarantees a youthful and brighter skin in a remarkably short interval of time. Gram flour, papaya and lime juice come together in this brilliant masque to battle sun tan, sun-spots, hyper-pigmentation, and an uneven skin tone.
Have you invented your own secret skin remedy using besan flour? Reaped most of the besan nutrition benefits yet? Leave us a comment below and share it with us!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.