Healthy and Simple Rice Recipes
Healthy rice dishes are great as a main or a side; they are delicious, flexible, and easy to cook up! Like most recipes, whether it turns out healthy or not, depends upon the ingredients that you employ and how the dish is cooked. Usually, most of the rice preparations that we crave can be rather challenging, particularly, when we are trying to craft a nutritious version of it.
Soft, pillowy, and steaming hot, rice is an unassuming kitchen staple transforms in to anything! Rice is a fantastic and versatile grain that can complement virtually any food. It proffers vitamin B complex, iron, manganese, and selenium; brown rice more than the white rice.
Always remember, that the add-ins should be more plentiful than the carbs. Throw in your favourite veggies and herbs. Adding proteins takes any rice dish to another next level – experiment with beans, chicken and eggs.
Simple rice recipes for lunch and dinner
Rice absolutely does not need to be plain or boring. You can cook up a huge range of delicious rice dishes for lunch or dinner including – pulao, biryani to fried rice. You could try scores of continental dishes as well. These recipes are extremely nutritious, packed with wonderful flavors and are a fun way to get everyone excited to come to the table!
• Khichdi: The ultimate comfort food! A bowl of piping hot khichdi with a generous dollop of ghee on top and served with raita or kadhi is absolutely filling, hearty and nutritious. It is undoubtedly, the food for your soul! Add various dals and veggies, and create your own delicious and healthy khichdi recipes. Use Tata Sampann 6-Grain Khichdi Mix as it promises you the goodness of 6 super grains - Rice, Moong Dal, Ragi, Amaranth, Bajra, and Jowar – all seasoned perfectly. This Khichdi mix is a charming combination of nutrition and taste!
• Kanji: A nutritious rice gruel, this one is light on your GI tract and is packed with all the right elements. One of the best breakfast and lunch options available – kanji is simple, soothing and energizing. This hearty porridge gratifies you and whittles the waist!
• Fried rice: Stir-fry rainbow-coloured veggies, toss in the rice along with some soy sauce and cook for a short while. This meal is ready is less than 20 minutes and it is nourishing! Fried rice promises exciting flavors and textures, and is fairly low in calories. This simple rice recipe for dinner is bound to become the rich, flavourful and wholesome dish that you’ll crave every day! Add some cooked chicken or beans to increase the protein content of the dish.
• Egg rice: This fuss-free, one-pot meal is utterly perfect in every way! It is aromatic and flavourful and it features eggs which provide oodles of protein. Add the eggs and chopped coriander just before serving. A quick, wholesome weekday meal!
• Green peas pulao: Incorporating green peas, cooking the rice in stock, seasoning it well, and throwing in coriander and mint changes almost everything about rice. This pulao is an appetizing dish that makes adults and the kids happy! It will become your go-to recipe and you can jazz it up with various other veggies and aromats. Serve with raita or spicy kadhi or a curry of your choice.
• Shahi biryani: Rice is unquestionably the perfect vehicle for all those amazing biryani flavors! This recipe is rather quick and you can get the dish swiftly on the table even when on a busy schedule. Do not depend heavily on oil or ghee for flavour; amp up on the veggies, herbs and spices instead. Carrots, peas, cauliflower, bell peppers, French beans, mint, coriander, cumin, saunf, cardamom, clove, biryani masala - and you’ve got an incredibly tasty one-pot rice dinner!
• Kheer: Just the right dessert – sweet and gooey. Fragrant with cardamom and nutmeg, top of the kheer with dates, anjeer, bâdam, cashews, and pista for extra protein and a lovely crunch. If you are adding dates, you can even skip the sugar!
Knowing how to make rice dishes well is an excellent skill to ensure that your family is eating healthy. It also makes sure that you integrate a lot more veggies and protein into your family’s diet. As most rice dishes are quick one-pot meals, you can serve a healthy food even when you are low on time. Instead of reaching out for a take-out menu, just pick up the rice cooker instead!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.