Dhania Jeera Powder: An Incredible Spice Blend
Spices and condiments can elevate your dish from drab to fab. They have the potential to dole out irresistible taste, especially when used as a blend. One such spice blend that is used frequently in Indian households is the dhania jeera powder. These spices promise to lend a zing to the blandest and most tasteless recipe and bring it to life. Sprinkling a mere teaspoon of this spice blend into your dish guarantees you benefits beyond just fabulous flavor.
Give your meals a huge flavorful boost and at the same time embrace all the wonderful health benefits that these two spices have to offer. Let’s dive into the benefits of the dhania-jeera spice blend and learn how this combination can help #SpiceUpYourHealth.
Dhania-Jeera for flavour and health
Blend these two powerhouses and what do you have?
• Cumin has been used for hundreds of years to get rid of digestion troubles and calm an upset stomach. It de-bloats the tummy and peps up digestion significantly. What’s more, thanks to modern medicine, we know jeera has robust anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial abilities due to the presence of the active principle - thymol.
• The benefits of cumin are noteworthy and range from – boosting digestion, enhancing the manufacture of bile and digestive enzymes and reducing blood sugar levels. Most of the body-worthy benefits of cumin are due to thymol; whilst some of the jeera benefits are credited to its fibre content too.
• Jeera can also ward off infections, being an unbelievable anti-bacterial and helps clear up the airways and deals effectively with respiratory stress.
• A potential fat burner, jeera helps reduce belly fat and facilitates weight loss as well. It influences the body’s fat profile positively by reducing the dangerous lipids in the blood. Furthermore, cumin promises a fall in the BMI, along with a lessening of blood glucose levels, total cholesterol levels, and LDL cholesterol level.
• Coriander seed powder is super popular in every Indian household and is undoubtedly always found in our spice rack. Valued for its fresh fragrance and the delightfully sweet, lemony, earthy flavor, dhania is an essential ingredient in the Indian cuisine.
• The health benefits of coriander powder are dynamic; a daily consumption of coriander seeds can actually perk up the secretion of insulin and reduce blood sugar levels appreciably. When included in to your diabetic regimen, along with the drugs prescribed by your health care provider, dhania has the powerful ability to help the body maintain a normal blood sugar profile without having too many oscillations.
• Another good benefit of the coriander seed is its ability to promote good cholesterol level and bring down the level of bad cholesterol, thus boosting heart health.
• One of the rather important dhania powder benefits is helping fighting anaemia. Coriander seeds are packed with loads of iron and helps increase the concentration of haemoglobin in the blood, thereby preventing anemia and oxygen deficiency.
• Like the cumin, coriander seeds are great for the stomach as well. Dhania encourages good digestion and effectively tackles nausea, acidity and flatulence and banishes most of the tummy woes.
Cooking with dhania-jeera!
Interestingly, coriander seeds and cumin seeds go hand-in-hand and blend wonderfully well and are perfect for a host of curries, stews, gravies, soups. They lend sophisticated flavour notes to Punjabi cuisine – giving rajma, chhole, matar paneer, masala bhindi and dal fry a wealth of taste and aroma. They also pair amazingly well with Mexican dishes and typically stand out in – burritos, tacos and enchiladas!
Whether you use spices fresh or dried or powdered, you’ll benefit from all the goodness.
Remember, when you fry and grill spices, it lessens the antioxidants in them. On the other hand, microwave cooking, simmering, and boiling them can actually heighten the antioxidant levels.
At home, you can also create a blend of dhania-jeera powder by using Tata Sampann Jeera and Coriander Powders. You can mix them in your preferred proportions. Tata Sampann spices contain natural oils. These natural oils enhance the flavour of the spice and give the spices the health benefits attributed to them.
Along with all the remarkable health benefits, spices add bags of flavour to your food and can make meals interesting and scrumptious. Jazzing up your meal is fantastic for your taste buds and your health! So, don’t hesitate, reach out frequently for the dhania-jeera in your spice rack and you’ll not only amp up the flavour of your food, you’ll also get a tremendous boost of wholesomeness!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.