Delicious and Simple Paneer Recipes
Mildly flavoured, soft and succulent and wonderfully versatile, the paneer is extremely healthy and yummy. Paneer imbibes the flavor of whatever it’s cooked with, making it absolutely perfect for warm, rich, appetizing curries and gravies!
Paneer is a fresh cheese-curd product that is manufactured by draining and not pressing the cheese, and thus, it holds on to the whey and moisture and is soft. Distinct from other cheeses, cottage cheese does not go through an ageing process.
Paneer – a nutrition powerhouse!
Paneer is low in calories, brimming over with protein, and chockfull of calcium. 1 cup of paneer provides almost 20 grams of protein. Cottage cheese fills you up, keeps you feeling fuller for longer. It is a vital muscle-building and bone-protecting food and a powerful partner in weight loss. Paneer is usually the stronghold of a high-protein diet for those who wish to avoid meat. It also makes for a superb post-workout food, given that, the protein helps recover, repair and build muscles quickly.
Scrumptious ways to have cottage cheese!
The cottage cheese is very adaptable and its fabulous texture makes it the ideal protein-boosting ingredient in a lot of recipes. Let’s dig in!
• Paneer Pav Bhaji: A new take on pav bhaji with paneer, this one wins hands-down, and is a must on your list of favourite paneer recipes. The idyllic dinner meal – it is creamy, buttery, and tangy with luscious paneer, fresh vegetables and delicious spices. The paneer marries wonderfully well with the delectable tomato-based gravy infused with Pav Bhaji Masala which gives this bhaji a unique twist. The paneer lends incredible nutritive value and tomatoes add a subtle tanginess. Paneer Bhaji pairs beautifully with a paratha or pav. Want to serve in an innovative way? Make a burger out of it. Take a look at this video from Bharatz Kitchen for the recipe and serving ideas
• Paalak Paneer Protein, lots of fibre, jam-packed with powerful antioxidants, tremendous eye-appeal and most importantly, an awesome taste – paneer paalak has it all! Food bliss at its very best! A lip-smacking amalgamation of fresh paalak puree, soft paneer, and fresh cream, this one makes for a satisfying meal.
• Paneer Wraps: This one’s an out and out crowd pleaser. What’s more, a wrap never goes out of style! Marinated paneer cubes, herbed yogurt and fresh veggies wrapped up in a healthy whole wheat atta roti. These scrumptious wraps are ideal for lunch for school and the office. Add a dash of Tata Sampann Paneer Masala to add to the taste of the wrap! Tata Sampann Paneer Masala is a fantastic spice blend made from carefully picked, high-quality spices with natural oils which enhances its flavour.
• Paneer Chilli Paratha: A crumbled paneer and chili filling enclosed in a crispy, lip-smacking paratha! This paratha is wholesome and drool-worthy. Serve it with your favorite raita and some fresh salad, and it’s a complete meal. Ready in less than 45 minutes, this recipe is just right for week nights.
• Paneer Biryani: The cottage cheese makes an unbelievable addition to the biryani. It combines well with the basmati rice, the spices and the vegetables to create a toothsome dish. This biryani is healthy, yummy and easy-to make; it checks all the boxes! It’s also a great recipe for packing into lunch boxes, for school as well as work; and an awesome one-dish feast for when you are entertaining!
• Paneer Capsicum Corn Toast: The unfussiness of this paneer recipe means that it is very easy to tailor-make it by nudging out or integrating ingredients of your choice! An excellent snack-on-the-go option, great for popping into lunch boxes and brilliant when the mid-afternoon hunger pangs hit you! All you need is - cottage cheese, finely chopped bell peppers, boiled corn, herbs and shredded cheese, all mixed together and toasted or baked on bread. Brighten up the toast by serving it with flavourful chili garlic sauce.
• Rose Sandesh: A simply delightful way to end a meal! The rose sandesh is a comforting dessert with a lovely melt-in-your-mouth texture. Soft and light, yet creamy and rich, the flavor of the rose sandesh is mild and not excessively sweet. This is a simple sweet dish that can be made using freshly made paneer. Combine paneer with a natural sweetener, rose sherbet and rose essence. Blend this with some milk to make it softer. Shape this mixture into small balls and top the mithai with fresh rose petals or pistachios.
So, make sure you explore the huge assortment of delicious and innovative paneer recipes. Paneer is an amazing ingredient to have on hand always – packed with nutrition and exceptionally versatile. Get creative, try out these recipes and don’t hesitate to experiment; cottage cheese works marvelously in so many different dishes, from curries, gravies, parathas, rice preparations to pastas, dips and even desserts!
Do you have a favourite paneer recipe? Share it with us in the comments.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.