Beyond Chole Bhature: Kabuli Chana Dishes
One of the most wholesome sources of quality protein, the chickpeas are packed with fibre, are tremendously versatile, and incredibly handy. One cup of kabuli chana delivers 15 to 18 grams of protein and a diet that includes plenty of chickpeas on a regular basis can help improve the lipid profile, enhances digestion and boosts gut health, prevents spiking of the blood sugar level and helps you maintain a good body weight. Astonishingly, only 1 cup of the chana is all you need to enjoy these amazing health advantages.
Extensively used in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisine, the kabuli chana has a fairly nutty flavour and a rather creamy texture. Chhole Bhature is a rage in our country – and it’s not pretentious. This recipe absolutely is one of the very best! Lip-smacking good, the tangy and spicy chickpeas pair well with bhature, what takes the meal to the next level are the vinegary onions and pickled carrots!
However, let’s move past the delicious chhole bhature and explore other kabuli chana based recipes! These are often forgotten, but are equally nutritious and delicious!
5 smashing kabuli chana recipes that you ought to try
Brimming over with metabolic boosting fibre and protein, the kabuli chana is actually uber-versatile! Let’s dig in!
1. Chhole and paneer tikki chaat: Loaded with a triple dose of protein from the chana, yogurt and paneer, and jam-packed with antioxidant-rich fresh vegetables, this chaat is a fantastic guilt-free meal. The tikki is soft and melt-in-the-mouth, the chana is packed with irresistible flavours and the chutneys add to the deliciousness. The chutneys and the fresh herbs are very vital in lifting up the flavour profile of this health snack! Garnish with a spoonful of sev. Spicy, tangy, sweet, and crunchy, all in one bite - this dish will not disappoint.
2. Kabuli chana biryani: This brilliant biryani hits the right spot, without giving you any nightmares about weight gain! It is a truly gratifying and filling meal and is brimming over with the goodness of chana, tomatoes, peas, along with the most fragrant spices and the most flavourful basmati rice. Team it with a creamy raita and a roasted papad. This recipe is one that you will love to make over and over again.
3. Kabuli chana salad: You require very few ingredients and hardly any time to prepare this bowl of awesomeness which promises loads of flavours and lots of comfort! This salad can squash those mid-day hunger pangs the healthy way. Packed with kabuli chana, tomatoes, cucumbers, potatoes, cucumber, pomegranate, and drizzled with a dressing of lime, coriander leaves and chaat masala, you cannot go wrong with this one! So, jazz up your menu with this colourful, flavourful and nutrient-packed combination which guarantees to accelerate your weight loss goal!
4. Achari chana: up your palate and your day with this dish! This recipe is unfussy and promises a range of flavours - tangy, acidic, spicy, pungent and a wee bit sweet! The lycopene packed tomatoes contrast well with the nutty chana, while coriander leaves, methi seeds, fennel seeds and mint, bring in freshness. The spices and aromats take the achari chana to the next level. The recipe proffers loads of protein with a generous dose of satiating fibre. Top off with a dash of yogurt and you’ve taken the nutrition sky-high. This recipe is hearty as well as healthy without having any high-calorie ingredients.
5. Kabuli chana poha: The best way to ensure that you eat a healthy meal is to prep ahead. Whip up this warming, flavour-laden poha, with a mega twist and fashion the ideal breakfast that will help you sail through the day. The kabuli chana poha is a big discovery of flavour and texture – soft poha, caramelized onions, boiled chana, toasted peanuts, and grated coconut. It provides the choicest nutrition and makes for one inspired breakfast!
So, stock up on the magical chickpea! Experiment with different kabuli chana recipes to put this legume to delicious use. The kabuli chana has major multitasking abilities and can be incorporated in to breakfast, main, side, salad, and dessert. A rock-star when it comes to boosting heart health, enhancing insulin sensitivity, and pepping up gut health, you undoubtedly must include kabuli chana in to your menu. While you try this recipes, opt for Tata Sampann Kabuli Chana which is sourced from the best farms of Maharashtra, Karnataka, and Madhya Pradesh. Each packet offers clean and pure ingredients of standard quality throughout the year.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.