Beyond Aamras: New Mango Desserts
Summer is a celebration of the seasonal fruit - mango! Mangoes scream summer and sunshine! This tropical fruit is absolutely refreshing, delicious, juicy and has powerful nutritional benefits. It boasts of robust anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and also helps keep the heart healthy.
The remarkable health benefits of the mango
These recipes are creative, different from the usual and truly bring out the mango-ness!
1. Mango fro-yo: This drool-worthy recipe needs a special mention. Different from the famous mango lassi, this fro-yo takes mango and yogurt to the next level. You are bound to love the simplicity of this mango dessert! Fresh mangoes – pureed and chopped, chilled yogurt and a suggestion of honey make for a fabulous summer dessert that will cool you down instantly.
2. Mango kulfi: Mangoes, milk and sugar – that’s all you need for this quick recipe. Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze. To make it healthier, you may skip the sugar and use a sugar substitute instead. Tata NX Zero Sugar is a great option; it is completely natural and is made from stevia. It has a low glycaemic Index and is perfect for those who have been advised low sugar intake and are looking to lose weight.
3. Mango cooler: Absolutely delicious and guzzle-worthy! This recipe blends together mango purée, lime juice, club soda, sugar and diced mangoes. When the summer days are out to get you, this mango cooler is the perfect hydrating summer drink!
4. Mango mousse: Impress your family and friends with this divine dessert! Heavy cream, mango puree and white chocolate make it a rich, creamy and decadent dessert.
5. Mango cheesecake: This one’s a fantastic dessert option to make ahead of time. A stunning, yet fairly straightforward recipe, it layers mango purée, whipped cream, sugar, cream, cream cheese and cookie crumbs.
So, the next time you are craving something energizing, sweet and decadent to cool off, grab these amazing recipes and make yourself some mango awesomeness!
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.