Unknown Uses And Benefits Of Coriander Powder
Coriander or dhania is used extensively across diverse geographical cuisines to flavour a host of dishes! In India, we use the coriander leaves, seeds, and powdered coriander seeds in our dishes extensively. It is also very popular in Mexico and the south-west part of USA. Known as cilantro in this region, it is a must in salsa and many other dishes. While powdered coriander is used during cooking, coriander seeds are a part of the tadka and the leaves are used raw or added to the dish as a garnish.
A bright green flowering plant belonging to the parsley family, history shows that the coriander has its origins in West Asia, South Europe, and North Africa. Coriander is considered an herb as well as a spice, given that the leaves and the seeds are used for seasoning. Dried seeds and powder are an excellent spice with a very fragrant flavour. A very popular condiment, the coriander seed is also known for its noteworthy and all-embracing medicinal properties.
Benefits of Coriander
Here are some phenomenal reasons for you to include coriander into your daily diet -
- Effectively manages pesky skin ailments: Coriander seeds help manage dermatitis, eczema, and rashes. It boasts of potent anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties and helps tackle a red, inflamed, itchy skin successfully.
- Put a stop to hair loss: Coriander seeds can help reduce hair fall and revitalize the roots to stimulate new hair growth. They strengthen the hair follicles, waken the dormant ones and kindle growth.
- Treat menstrual irregularities: Coriander can help reduce profuse bleeding during periods as well as pains associated with the menses. Coriander seeds stimulate the endocrinal glands and ensure a good hormonal balance; this further ensures that the menstrual cycle is regular and the distressing pains are eliminated.
- A natural way to manage diabetes mellitus: Astonishingly, India has turned into the diabetes capital of the world! There is a frenzied hunt for natural ways and means of keeping the blood sugar level in check. Coriander is your answer. The essential oils present in the seeds demonstrate a strong anti-hyperglycaemic action and help keep sugar levels within the required limit.
- Fight constipation: Coriander facilitate regular bowel moments. They perk up digestion and combat common gastrointestinal tract issues such as acidity, heartburn, bloating and constipation.
- Keep cholesterol levels in check: Coriander seeds help maintain a healthy lipid profile. Coriandrin, present in coriander, monitors the lipid digestion, consequently helping lower cholesterol levels and keeping them in control.
Just as with other dried and powdered spices, you must always choose pure coriander powder. Tata Sampann Coriander Powder is made from carefully hand-picked coriander seeds that are cleaned and sorted using superior technology. The powder is technically processed and hygienically packaged to preserve its natural goodness.
Coriander gives your food a vibrant flavour. It lends depth and flavour to your curries and subzis. Try to incorporate it in most of your dishes to profit from the long list of potential health benefits.
The views and opinions expressed, and assumptions & analysis presented in this content piece are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of any other agency, organization, employer or company. The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is to promote broad consumer understanding and knowledge of various health topics. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health care provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.